"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."
I believe it was Abraham Lincoln who said that.
Selepas keluar Siri Autopsi, banyak reaction aku dapat from a lot of people.
Strangely enough - the negatives a handful, the ones in agreement jauh lebih banyak (yang handful pon dari IP sama je, tapi tukar nama - matilah!!!)
What you have to remember is - this analysis wasn't against the show. Just this crap season. Heh... ada beza tuh.
Takkan la peminat takleh critical ngan program dia follow, kan? Do we really live in a society where you have to hold your silence if your programme (yang hidup hasil kaut keuntungan dari public) does not cater to the public anymore but to the syok sendiri nature of the production.
Bak kata seorang blogger tersohor, "Mengkritik tidak bererti menentang, menyetujui tidak semestinya menyokong". Tuh dia kata orang kertu! Matilah aku!
Tak kisah la orang nak judge apa pon... hakikatnya, masa memula aku da cakap this is some the show is going to be affected, orang kata takde bukti. Dah bagik bukti lak, ada lak yang melatah.
No matter how much PR spin you put into it - AF8 was a failure for so many reasons.
As a show - it failed. The figures and AFUNDI was judge of that.
Perubahan rancangan membunuh AF8 dengan sendirinya. The production were not too wise (in a polite manner of speaking) for screwing up on that.
1. Change of format (dari waktu Diari di tayangkan, duration setengah jam yang memang WTF, editing yang takde perisian etc)
2. OverBranding the show sampai nak hard sell. Orang advertising zaman batu kah diupah untuk nak conceptualize how branding should be incorporated? Seriously? Nak pakai tali kasut masa konsert, berlakon minom benda ala pati ayam and lampu hijau?
3. Obvious control more than ever ke atas juri yang diarahkan 'positif'. No one learns from pujian alone. You have to point out a person's fault for them to realize - though in the case of production, bila point out defensive and hado nak menerima walaopon peminat sendiri cakap?
4. Execution of drama too staged sampai tahap menghazabkan bebudak tu sendiri.
5. Debaran tak cukup perisian sampai kesian tengok Sarimah struggle nak hype kan.
6. Jimmy yang menyerlah ngan Trek Selebriti, hambar dan terlalu kanak kanak Ribena ngan Diari (and konsert lak Zombi Kampung Pisang)
7. Lagu-lagu persembahan dipotong sampai iklan Brand pon lebih panjang and minus one semua seperti muzik iringan oleh orang buta yang main keyboard kat Kotaraya.
8. Too much smoke and mirror. Dah ler persembahan semua underperformed dari segi time - ni lak ada yang dibantu sampai tahap gaban backing vocal dan penari (especially time final). Mana gi their so-called performance ability.
9. They rolled out so much pay content nak on bufet la on tu la on nih la... semua demi nak mobile content revenue. This show's budget has been cut gila-gila (production pon tau hakikat ni benar) and this has greatly affected their ability to put on a better show than ever. Ini ibarat RTM feeling nak wat Gah 1 (what a name) nak kalahkan TV3 nya AJL padahal bajet AJL tak silap aku RM3.5 juta dan RTM nya bajet - hado? Matilah! Motif aku tau?
10.Lack of people who are really capable of scouting for talent. Throughout the audition process - meka gunakan orang dalam industri ni, yes (walaopon ada terselit yang hado tau pasal muzik skalipun). There is a difference between people merely in this business and talent scouts. Look at Idol. Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson are producers and talents scouts. They don't have to sing.. du-uh! Kara is known for her songwriting and ability to redirect talent... and create a whole new sound for them. These are people who make a talent what it is. The problem is there is a lack of understanding on who shapes the talent for the mainstream market - so in the end they just want a public face - even though hado know anything.
I could go on...
As a talent scouting avenue - it failed, because it didn't manage to unearth any talents we haven't seen before.
The kids are all talented - but are they unique?
Talents banyak kat luar tuh. And unless you're a couch potato yang dok ngadap TV je keja, you would agree that there is little special about the talents they've showcased.
I hear thousands of new talents in various competitions, and performances that are low key, and I hear a lof of fantastic singers out there too. With package too. But the sad reality is something doesn't go right for them in being discovered.
So - there has not been something groundbreaking this season. I guess people will say, that's subjective. And that's true. It is.
But AF8 - has become a horrible clone of Idol, meets Sehati Berdansa versi hado.
Takpe la... lantak ko la labu.
Ada yang kata kenapa nak sibuk? Just turn it off. My answer to that is - some people are just born to be sheep. Grow a brain, dickwads. If you want to wallow in stupidity to be able to have your own thought processor working, don't blame the world for being able to analyze and digest things in a more intelligent manner that is PR free.
So... aside from the show, what can I PERSONALLY see in their future.
Ada yang tanya aku - sapa yang ada potential to succeed.
Ok. That's the tricky question. In REAL life... there are a lot of factors that make for the success of a talent.
Honestly - kalao tak produk skema, familiar and tried and tested - and a lot of effort, and a little bit of money pumped in - dan bukan dilayan seperti MLM nak cepat returns jer, the kids can get somewhere.
Honestly, I've maintained Shahir as a commercial package from the start. Adira pon leh if given the right A&R (tapi bawah AESB/KRU I doubt). The rest? Possible, but seriously it takes a lot more effort than just 10 weeks to shape them.
So who knows... what is clear is - I say AF8 gagal. When I say AF8 failed - I don't mean Akademi Fantasia - just AF8. And when I say it failed - I mean programming wise. Post show talent? Left to be seen.
Tu je. Ok la... nak tutup buku AF8 yang hado. Hope music lovers continue to support our local industry kalao sesuatuh produk boleh dibanggakan. Don't be be bullied and guilted into buying a product or service, something of substandard quality. Know your rights, because blind buying doesn't help anyone but the people who put it out in the first place.
Ok... signing off.
PS - Yes, my Comments are moderated and auto ban on IP is still on. Tak kuasa balaci dan binatang yang masuk. Heh! Tough! Stupidity is not tolerated here, thank you.