I've been to several Halloween parties before, though I never discovered the joy of dressing up in theme until a few years back. I have to thank Is and gang for inspiring me.
For one, served with endless mundane and very common choices of costume (yes, very creative sir... coming as Dracula?) it wasn't much of thrill. Not to mention I'd never won before this (which is ok cause I never wore a costume anyways - or it's be an insult to win for just your real face like I know how some easily can)
Ahh... but that was then, and this is now.
I've been experimenting with theatrical and film and TV stuff on how to look my freakiest for some time now. Yes, prosthetics and latex liquid is your friend - if you have the patience and time for for it.
I didn't, until the Nuffnang Dark Knight premiere not too long ago. Two hours (which is a very rush job), and this was my take of Heath Ledger's Joker.
Not too bad. But seriously tak puas hati. I know I can do a lot more. The work wasn't so clean simply because I lacked time. Tapi kali ni for Halloween, I already have the freakiest look I can imagine in mind.
It's the Nuffnang Nokia Silent Halloween - held the day after the usual celebrations! I am so going to go all out and win another phone. Actually looking forward to getting an N96 to add to the N95 8GB I won at the premiere for my Joker ensemble.
Was initially disappointed that they offered the N96 as a post event prize. But saw that the Nokia 5320 XpressMusic phone and Nokia 5220 XpressMusic phone were up for grabs, so started on my homework for my transformation.
To the Nuffnang family - my invite better be in the post, or you're going to have deceased rock star showing up to crash the party! Heh... did I just give away what I was coming in?
Strangely enough, there's a weird twist for this party. To be held at the Borneo Baruk Club everyone's got to bring their mobile phone and headphones. Why? Simply because they cuting down on budget for the audio system and the need for a DJ (haiyoo... and I expect an invite like this meh?) Of course not la.. just the theme of things.
Welcome to Malaysia’s first Silent Dance Party! Those invited will be handed invitation emails along with a link to download music tracks for the Silent Dance Party onto phone or any other mobile music devices for use. Or so they tell us as they keeping everything secret.
A silent party? Interesting!
Here's my top ten list of why that would so rock! Let's count them down.
Top 10 Reasons Why A Silent Dance Party Rocks (with Nokia) - I feel so David Letterman!
10. You don't have the awkwardness of not knowing anyone, and can just pretend you're too cool for school with what's on your headphones.
9. No need for idle small talk.
8. You don't have to put up with crap playlists and have your own stuff to dance to which is probably more listenable.
7. You can always blame your lack of dance abilities on others not hearing the beats you are hearing.
6. You get to show off those expensive Bluetooth headphones you bought finally without people thinking, "What a showoff!"
5. There will be no need to hear high pitched squeals, screams, giggles and such everytime someone walks through the door in a funky costume reminding you that you're not taking the Nokia home.
4. On the reverse of number 6, you get to show how cheap your headphones are, so they inspire some sort of sympathy from the judges to award you with the Nokia and Bluetooth headsets they dishing out.
3. If someone shows up in something horrible (and not in a good way) and you laugh because you had no idea coming as a pink Hello Kitty fits into the Halloween celebrities theme, it won't be construed as rude as they assume you tengah layan something else.
2. Nuffnang gets to lower budget expenditure with piped in music at the club out of the list meaning they can splurge more on festivities and prizes and possibly more events.
1. And the number one reason - so when I have my headphone plugged in, I can waltz right past the reception despite not receiving an invite and mumble disgruntled about how some people never listen when I mumble something about me being someone invited - konon occupied on headphones.
Oooh me getting the tingles and shivers dah. Have to finish up my costume for that night. Trust me, I am coming back with a phone! What am I going as? Trust me - it's going to rock you with the Halloween celebs theme. Tim and Co., engrave my phone with my nickname. Heh!!!
To other Nuffnang family members, get your invites NOW! CLICK HERE for more info